For only 2 a month you can become an EW Premium Supporter and help us pay the server bills
Premium Accounts include: No Ad's, Access to private forums, Server Mod consideration, Custom User title, Exclusive Rank Badges, Ingame squadXML Badges.
Learn More or Subscribe today!
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
      Forum Member
      Contribute If you enjoy reading the
      content here, click the below
      image to support our site.
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Has no Status Set

Mood:
      I am:
      Crazy

UK
      Users Local Date
      19-08-19
      Users Local Time
      08:59

Daytime>>>>Night time

Hello guys,

I think its time to put the server back to daytime.

Everyone i speak with on the server hates nite time now, its terrible playing in green vision with you peripherals blacked out

I remember jacco was the main person who wanted night time in the first place and he refuses to even play on the server anymore...

I speak for a lot of people who would like the server to be restarted at 6 am like it used to be in the good old days.

I want to contribute to the running of the server but im not going to if night time is still active.

Recently with all the new players and harder enemy, AO's are taking longer to complete and often running into night time anyway.

Everything else you have changed on the server is great...

love

Zed

Sergeant

Has no Status Set

Mood:
      I am:
      Innocent

Netherlands
      Users Local Date
      19-08-19
      Users Local Time
      09:59
      More people love nighttime then Jacco alone. Personally i love nighttime. The ao's are being taken so easily at daytime that i haven't even been joining because of it anymore. There is no challenge whatsoever,it has become a complete snoozefest. Its good to hear there is at least a challenge at nighttime. It is also totally random,and nighttime is shorter then daytime,so it is not like the server only knows nighttime,in fact,the chance on nighttime is less then daytime.

Staff Sergeant

is Quo

Mood:
      I am:
      Sneaky

Vatican
      Users Local Date
      19-08-19
      Users Local Time
      07:59
      Hello Zed,
      thank you for your contribution and your feedback regarding our servers, even tho it's delivered harsh and with threats.
      Anyway. My two cents to the topic are, that I don't like playing the whole mision at nighttime too. I don't like to play with only 1/3 of the scrren visable. But I also understand how some of the players on our server like the nightime missions, the change of the starting time. I propose here a compromise. At the moment the starting times of the server are fully randomized. any time from 00.00 untill 12.59 pm are possible as starting time. I propose that the randomizer gets limited to certain starting times. here I assume that one playthrough the whole mission takes on average 6 hours. Yes, I now, sometimes it is way faster and sometimes it is much slower. It's a guessed average. If we now assume that we don't want to play the whle mission at nighttime but a maximum of half of it. At the current settings sunset ist at 8.30 pm, I would guess. And dawn is at roughlty 4 am. If we set the starting time of the server to 1 am until 17.30h we skip the timings where basically the whole mission would last during night time, but the chance is still there to reach / start at nighttime for those who like it.
      Yes, of course the times I present here are rough guesses and can be discussed, but it's a compromise that I would see fit for those who like daytime (higher chance to play at daytime) and those who like it at night (end or start are possible to play at nighttime).
      How does that principle sound?

Best,
      BenGun

The accumulated filth of all their scripting and murder will foam up about their waists and all the hackers and teamkillers will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and I'll look down and whisper 'No.'
      They had a choice, all of them.

- Rorschach

Forum Member

Has no Status Set

Mood:
      I am:
      Crazy

UK
      Users Local Date
      19-08-19
      Users Local Time
      I hear you both...

I been playing every morning at server restart and 9 out of 10 times it will be evening with 3 hours left of daylight so for me its night time 90% of time,

And the speed of an AO being taken fast of slow has nothing to do with night or day but purely the quality of the players, for example there is a few of us that could clear an AO alone easy and with that in mind if such players are on at the same time the map could be completed in a matter of hours..

I think you should put it back to 6 am restart as it often ran into night time naturally anyway.

love to you both

Zed

x

Staff Sergeant

is Quo

Mood:
      I am:
      Sneaky

Vatican
      Users Local Date
      19-08-19
      Users Local Time
      07:59
      Hello Zed.
      I finally find statements like
      I think you should put it back to 6 am restart
      not very helpful for the discussion. I see that you are not hapy when the lights go out, but I try to find some kind of compromise here, since I don't belive that black-white (or night-daytime) thinking here will help a lot and nothing will change if we don't find any kind of compensation for both sides. I am happy to discuss further options and ideas. A possibility could be to reduce the amounts of AOs to keep it quick, in case daytime/nighttime issues arrise, to the next restart bares the chane of a different starting time.
      Maybe some of the
      a lot of people
      that you'Ve mentioned in your first post could stop by here and have a say too. We are always happy to welcome new users to the forums and get some solid feedback that our content creaters can work with. and, No, ingamem essages like "tell the creater he needs to make vehicle XYZ cheaper" are NOT getting forwarded. THat's what the forum is for. After looking at the chatlogs recently I fail to find any outcry of frustration of the majority of the regular-player community, or any kind of "a lot of players" regarding the daytime-nighttime cycle.
      But I hae to agree that the experience of players regarding the gamemode, the mode mechanics and knowledge of the ARMA AI help a lot by compleating the mission. It's hard to determinate a halfway accurate compleation-time of them ission, since the player base is recently quite diverse and changes a lot.

The accumulated filth of all their scripting and murder will foam up about their waists and all the hackers and teamkillers will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and I'll look down and whisper 'No.'
      They had a choice, all of them.

- Rorschach

Forum Member

Has no Status Set

Mood:
      I am:
      Crazy

UK
      Users Local Date
      19-08-19
      Users Local Time